I am a veteran educator who has two gifted children of my own. People-parents especially, ask me all the time if I have a website, blog, resources and the like....and then came Happe Thoughts. Love it, or leave it-either is fine. It will find who needs it:)
Happe Thoughts to you~
More about who I am, listed below.
- a classroom teacher
- a gifted education program specialist
- a staff development specialist
- a literacy coach
- a district gifted education coordinator
- a council member for the Minnesota Department of Education's Gifted Advisory Council since 2006
- a district data and assessment coordinator
- a speaker at the National Association of Gifted Children conference 2016
- a conference presenter at the Hormel Gifted Symposium in Austin, Minnesota
- a speaker and resource for parent groups across Minnesota
- a SENG (Supporting Emotional Needs of Gifted) certified parent group facilitator
- a private educational consultant, coach and Co-founder of Bright Spotting LLC, @brightspotting
Outside of my professional life I serve in the roles of...
- a Reiki and Reconnective Healing practitioner
- a fan of gift shops in hospitals, hotel lobbies, museums, and cool stuff at rural gas stations
- a yogi
- addicted traveler
- experiencer of tastebud ecstasy
- a depression dealer-wither
- a lover of old blue jeans- with rips
- a wonderful woman.... :)
Chronically special, according to my closest friends~
I am thrice exceptional myself, finding out at age 42 (5 years ago) that I am, in fact, gifted, I do have ADHD (no kidding) and.......(drumroll.....) DYSLEXIC. What?! Talk about an identity crisis.
- I speak as a student- a child learner and adult learner.
- I speak as parent- of two gifted and VERY different children.
- I speak as a member of the K-12 educational community.
- I speak as a voice of the gifted education community.
- I speak as a person who has discovered that learning, potential and promises are not things to make assumptions about.